Hi, I'm Joey "Skip" Tramontana. Welcome to my profile!
Joseph Tramontana's Bio:
- Reduced Health Care Expenses by over $2M by negotiating membership in key Health Care Alliance with other school districts.
- Refinanced millions of dollars of existing debt reducing the tax burden for Citizens of Hamilton. Standard and Poors gave the School District a AA+ Bond Rating among the highest in the State of New Jersey.
- Worked extensively with Business Staff and received perfect unqualified audits by the State of New Jersey.
- Applied and received over 20M in grants from the State of New Jersey which were used for extensive Capital Upgrades.
- Wrote application and received 12M+ in Capital Upgrades for Energy Savings Improvement Plan which will reduce utility expenses by thousands of dollars.
- Developed and expanded shared services program with local municipality saving the district thousands in maintenance cost
- Reduced employee safety costs by close to 1M and received awards from the New Jersey School Board Association with follow up grants worth over $172,000.
- Restructured waste management program creating many green initiatives and reducing waste removal costs by thirty percent.
- Department received perfect NJQSAC score of 100 Points
- Developed and wrote Employee Manual citing key employee benefits and laws.
- Supervised and developed many technology programs such as computer labs, wireless networking systems and smart board.
- Served as Chief Negotiator while negotiating contracts well below state averages, while implementing key givebacks in areas such health benefits.
- Developed comprehensive disciplinary guidelines based upon extensive research and employee past practices.
- Implemented key changes to payroll by implementing an automated time and attendance system dramatically reducing the need for manual calculations.
- Supervised extensive food service operations with profit of over 700k. Proceeds were used to refurbish elementary school cafeterias.
Joseph Tramontana holds a Bachelor's Degree in Business from Rowan University and a Master's Degree in Management from Thomas Edison State College. Mr. Tramontana also holds Standard Certifications issued by the New Jersey Department of Education as a Principal and School Business Administrator. He is holds a Qualified Purchasing Agent license issued by the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs.
Mr. Tramontana's blog regarding School Finance is recognized by Teach 100 as a top Education blog. Joseph Tramontana resides in Hamilton, New Jersey with his lovely wife Cathy and Maltese Tiffany.
Joseph Tramontana's Experience:
Business Administrator at Hamilton Township Public SchoolsSeptember 2010 - November 2013
Director, Human Resources at Hamilton Township Public SchoolsSeptember 2005 - August 2010
Director of Personnel and Labor Relations at Township of Hamilton Municipal GovernmentJune 1998 - August 2005 | Hamilton, New Jersey
Personnel Officer at County of MercerMay 1993 - June 1998 | Trenton, New Jersey
Joseph Tramontana's Education:
Thomas Edison State College2000 – 2002Master of Science (M.S.)Concentration: Organizational Development
Rowan University1984 – 1989Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)Concentration: Human Resources Management and Services
Professional Education Services2011 – 2012Certification Fund AccountingConcentration: Governmental Accounting and Reporting
Joseph Tramontana's Interests & Activities:
Education, Technology, Reading, Marketing, Blogging, Exercising, Grilling and Politics.